Monday, May 7, 2012

Course Summary - Digital File Preparation

From this course, I learned a great deal. After completing the class, I look back on past projects I've done and work I've done for other people and I think about all that I know I've done wrong after learning how to do everything right in the class. I've learned about the importance of a bleed/margins, how to create duotones, the importance of Pantone colors, how to properly set up new files, how to link different files to one another, how to export them correctly, and so much more. I've learned so much from this class that I know will be extremely beneficial to me in the future. This is one of those classes that I can take away so much knowledge from and be able to apply it to things that will be relevant in my future career.

My favorite project from this class was the Designer's Choice project. I loved being able to use what I learned over the semester and apply it to a project that I got to create on my own. I also loved getting to see the final prints of my project, and I definitely will be putting my notebooks to use!

My second favorite project was the magazine ad. I thought it was really interesting to find out what all went into making an ad for a large company and I also liked using a studio photograph that I had taken last semester for the ad.

Overall, I really think that this class has been the most beneficial thing to me out of all the classes I've taken so far at the College of Technology. I was not expecting to have gotten this much out of it when I first started the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment